In the past few weeks I´ve received 3 – 5 mails per day with questions about my plugin websimon tables mostly about when/if updates of the plugin will be done. Yesterday I made the biggest update so far with lots of new features and some small bugfixes and I felt that I wanted to describe my work with this plugin a little bit more and maybe in this way decrease the number of mails that I have to answer
New features, bugs and mistakes
Yesterday I released version 1.1.1 and the morning after I released 1.1.2 since some files didn´t reach the plugin repository as they should have. In this new version I´ve added the following features:
- Its now possible to change the table name.
- You can now disable the table header.
- Its now possible to empty a tables content without changing the structure and design.
- You can move rows up and down.
- You can move columns left and right
- You can add rows and columns inside of a table
- You can delete rows and columns inside of a table
- Added some more textfields with the shortcodes for faster access.
- There is now an unique css class for each row if you want to design each row separately.
- Bugfix – Fixed the issue that made the colorpicker not working.
Somehow I made a mistake uploading the plugin to the repository and that caused a missing file that should´ve taken care of the renaming of tables. I also failed uploading som pictures that were ment to make it easy to edit the structure of the table content. Luckily one of the plugin users was kind enough to let me know about this issue and I fixed it immediately. Hopefully all of these features will work as I plan and the plugin will be even more useful.
What happens with the plugin in the future
Since I am doing this plugin (as many plugin authors do) on my spare time the development of the plugin will take some time. But maybe you´ll find it a little bit interesting what kind if features I´m planning and when to expect them. Here´s the plan forward for websimon tables
- First of all I want to wait and see that the features above will work for the majority of the users and fix bugs as fast as possible.
- I will add some kind of import and export functionality to the plugin. Most likely csv comma separated way of importing and exporting the table content. This will be a good way of backuping the information and make it easier to go to and from excel/spreadsheets.
- I will try to add a sorting functionality, alphabetically and/or numerical. The plugin was not really built to support more advanced sorting features. From the beginning I wanted the plugin to be really simple but good looking. But since a lot of people asks for this I will give it a try.
- Some people want a rowspan and a colspan functionality. I do no know yet if I will make this possible. I´ll decide later.
I hope this infor answers some of the questions you have about the plugin. If not, please use the comment field below.